This public lecture series features international scholars and experts on a wide range of topics related to China's global presence and impacts. Each seminar will begin with a 30-min presentation, followed by another 30 mins of Q&A. The series is free and open to the global public. Participants must register before each seminar.
- China's global soft power: 30th September 2020 10AM (HK TIME)/ 29th September 2020 10PM (EST)
(by Maria REPNIKOVA, Assistant Professor, Department of Communication, Georgia State University).
- China's global infrastructure: 24th October 2020 10AM (HK TIME), 23rd October 2020 8PM (MDT)
(Timothy OAKES, Professor, Geography Department, University of Colorado/Boulder).
- China and the global environmental crisis: 11th November 2020 6PM (HK) / 11th November 2020 10AM (London)
(by Sam GEALL (Executive Director, China Dialogue).
- China's global migration: 9th December 2020 6PM (HK) Feb 2021
(by Biao XIANG, Professor, School of Anthropology & Museum Ethnography, University of Oxford).
- Global China in Brazil: Spring Semester 2021
(by Gustavo de L. T. OLIVEIRA, Assistant Professor, Department of Global and International Studies, University of California).
- Global China and African industrialization: Spring Semester 2021
(by Carlos OYA, Professor, Department of Development Studies, SOAS University of London).
More details and information will be uploaded soon.